Vision / Purpose
“Let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds...encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25
Celebrating Unity in Christ, Diversity in Faith in Our Worship by...
• Living the lessons of Christ... all day... everyday.... everywhere
• Expanding our minds to better understand God's great diversity in the world
• Equipping one and other for ministry and congregational self-governance
• Stretching upward in faith, outward in empathy & inward in spiritual development • Multiplying our congregation's impact and outreach
• Nurturing individual, family, and community needs
• Welcoming all, loving all, and seeking justice for all
• Being a beacon of God's grace in the community
• Encouraging individuals to better our world
• Elevating our heart, mind, and spirit through worship, music, & activities
• Discovering opportunities for intergenerational fun using God's gifts
• Cherishing our spirit of friendly fellowship...
unwavering for nearly two centuries
As a people of Faith, we are learning, growing, serving, and playing.
to download "Vision 2018," click here.
Theological Position of Church
Our church is a fellowship of Christians having a wide variety of religious backgrounds. As such, members bring an array of theologies with them. The congregation demonstrates respect for each individual’s understanding of God and his or her creation and salvation. This variety of viewpoints is summed up in our Statement of Purpose.
Statement of Purpose
"We desire to associate ourselves in a fellowship of the Christ Spirit and covenant to accept one another in diversity of faith, supporting each other in love and respect. The fellowship that is our church grows from and builds upon the traditions of the various Christian Churches of the centuries.
We intend as individuals to grow in our understanding of the true nature of God and the way of life taught by Jesus Christ. Unity with God is the goal, Jesus Christ is our way, the Bible is our greatest resource, and the Church is our visible, sustaining fellowship.
As members of this church we shall go forward together in freedom, supporting one and other; seeking continually to learn more of the true nature of God and his purpose."
Adopted 1961, this Statement serves as a spiritual guidepost for those undertaking their journey of faith at Park Ridge Community Church.