"...Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me." Matthew 25:40
Each Sunday from November through May, warm meals are offered through the Park Ridge Ministerial Association to those having difficulty providing enough food for their families. Sunday Suppers are hosted at Park Ridge Presbyterian Church, 1300 W. Crescent, Park Ridge [click for map].
Many local volunteer groups take part in preparing and serving healthy meals throughout these months. Our church usually provides meals 3-4 times.
We will serve Sunday Suppers on the following dates:
2020 - November 22
2021 - February 28, April 25*, May 16
* served at St. Mary's Episcopal Church
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (October 2020)
PRCC will be a part of Sunday Night Suppers; however, the procedures will be very different due to Covid-19. Until or unless health guidelines change, we will provide 85 pre-packaged meals from a restaurant or caterer, 85 individual drinks (juice or milk), and 85 pre-packaged individually wrapped desserts from a store (sorry, no homemade items allowed).
● Limited to three (3) volunteers total to assist with to-go meal distribution curbside on each date
● Two (2) volunteers will assemble to-go meals at a table inside PR Presbyterian Church.
● One (1) additional volunteer will be stationed outside at the curb to advise the assembly team the number of meals needed and be the “runner” to bring meals out as guests’ cars arrive.
● Volunteers must bring their own mask and wear it the entire time they are on site at Park Ridge Presbyterian Church and wear gloves while assembling to-go meals.
The time commitment is from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. on our assigned dates.
We are using Sign Up Genius to help organize this effort. Please click on the icon below to volunteer for the next Sunday Supper. Sign Up Genius will automatically send you an email 48 hours before the event to remind you of your participation.
Thank you for considering to help provide meals for local families in need.